Please review and follow the drop off and pick up procedures indicated below. Those who are caught not following these procedures will receive a warning letter from our Student Resource Officer. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Student Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
Drop Off and Pick Up Locations
- A Drop Off & Pick Up Map is available by clicking here. Please review this before the school year begins and throughout the school year.
- The primary drop off and pick up location is the area from the Welch Activity Center doors to the stairs/ramp adjacent to Kelly Hall. This is marked on the Drop Off and Pick Up Map.
- Parents also can drop off and/or pick up at the end of the A.K. Shiel Student Life Center, as noted on the map.
- When dropping off or picking up near the Welch Activity Center and Kelly Hall, please pull as far forward as possible. If you drop off behind a car that is not actively dropping off or picking up, please carefully pull around that vehicle and proceed to the roundabout to exit.
Parking Lot Procedures
- Observe posted speed limit signs to ensure student safety!
- Follow the one-way arrows designed to improve traffic flow and student/driver safety. See the map for the designed direction for traffic, which is counterclockwise in the parking lots and on the roundabout.
- Do not park, stop, drop off, or pick up on the roundabout/circle. This causes major traffic issues and puts students and vehicles at risk of being struck.
- Visitor parking is available in the “S” lot, which is the lot adjacent to Fr. Kelly Hall. These spaces are in the corner closest to the roundabout and are marked as visitor spaces (outlined in blue on the map). Current students and faculty/staff should NOT park in these spaces of course.
- Cars in the roundabout have the right of way, so please yield to those vehicles if you are entering the roundabout. Sometimes the person directing traffic will need to stop the roundabout traffic when needed.
General Tips about Campus Arrival and/or Departure
- Consider carpooling and/or using the Cathedral bus service. For more information about the bus service, visit www.gocathedral.com/transportation.
- Arrive early and/or depart late! Arriving before 7:25 am and departing after 3:45 pm will make your experience even better, as the heaviest traffic patterns occur from 7:30-7:45 am and from 3:15-3:45 pm.
Following these guidelines will improve student and driver safety and will enhance the experience of student arrival and departure!